Happy Halloween!! Try this Pumpkin Cupcake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe to entertain your "spooky" guests.
Happy Halloween!! Try this Pumpkin Cupcake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe to entertain your “spooky” guests. We promise this recipe won’t “scare” people away.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans. Spoon batter into well-greased and floured or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. For the frosting, beat together all ingredients until smooth. Decorate as desired.
TIP: Fill a plastic zip bag with frosting and cut off tip. This works well for piping a beautiful cupcake decoration!