Sponsor a blind or vision-impaired runner in Light The Way 5K at Nationals Park!
Geppetto Catering, Inc. is helping Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind (CLB) to raise funds to help our vision-impaired and blind neighbors right here in the National Capital Area!
Will you sponsor one of our blind or vision-impaired runners to raise needed funds?
We hope you’ll join us, but whether you can be there or not, here’s how you can help:
- Support one of the three courageous blind runners to sponsor
- Pledge $1, $3, or $5 per kilometer
Despite losing almost all her vision in her left eye, Tiombé won 6 US Triple Jump championships and made the US Olympic team!
Timothy lost his sight as a teenager but never let it stop him – he works in the Office of Naval Research and he’s been the first blind runner to finish the race in all 3 previous Light The Way 5Ks!
Charlie’s a grandfather who began losing his sight in first grade! He’s legally blind. Charlie started running after he retired – marathons and more! His story stars in the movie Victory Over Darkness!
For each kilometer (KM), pledge: $5/KM (that’s up to $25) $3/KM (that’s up to $15) $1/KM (that’s up to $5)
Special Prize – One sponsoring family will be chosen to receive a $500 Grocery Certificate from Safeway!
If you wish to sponsor a runner in the Light The Way 5K Contact:
Saturday, September 20th, 2014 – Gates Open at 8 am
? Kids Race at 8:30 am ? Fun Walk/Run at 9 am ? Nationals Park in Washington, DC!
· Live Music & Entertainment -- Bach 2 Rock, America's Music School!
· A playground area for kids and a photo booth for everyone to enjoy!
· Victory Lap on the Ballpark Warning Track – see the field like a Major League ballplayer!
· Kids Fun Run with a Nationals Mascot!
- Giveaways, Food Samples, and a Live Auction!